What do you do when, for the first time ever, you're separated from the love of your life on the national day of love, chocolates, and roses. Be depressed? Heart sick? Shed a tear?
Um... No!
You throw a party with your sista!
Let me explain. In January, Justin (because he LOVES us so much) began a new job working for Motorfist, a snowmobile apparel retailer. During their busy season, he travels five days a week... so that means that we were a part on Valentines Day this year. (Tragic, yes.) However, Brooke was a single gal on the day for lover's as well--so she and I got together for a non-husband-family-love-celebration! Our traditional, fancy, candle-lit dinner was extra fun with our party-animal cousins! We ate heart shaped everything, sipped chocolate milk from goblets, and expressed reasons why we loved everyone.
It was so cute when Jaden and McKenna left the table--mid dinner--because they were literally summoned by Michael Buble's irresistible dance vibe. They had to "Cha-cha-cha" then and there. The pizza could wait!
And... that's when everyone left the table... and the dance party began! So fun!
Isn't it said that dance is the true language of love?
It was such a fun night! In all honesty, I was feeling down and discouraged with Justin gone so much--but having the Maglebys in my home that night truly lifted my spirits and reminded me of the blessings of family.
I was so excited about my Valentines gift for my kiddos this year. I spent weeks making each of them a personalized book listing 10 reasons why I love them. They turned out so so cute!
And, of course, what would this holiday be without a heart shaped box of chocolate?
Ashton also received this for Valentines Day... A gift for him/gift for me. Ash is totally ready... Too bad his mother is too busy to even think about training him. Let's hope life settles down sometime before he enters kindergarten!
2 comments:
Looks like it was a fun night! Are you having to pack and move all by yourself? Where does Justin travel to? I had no idea!!
You guys are so fun! So glad that you and Brooke have each other! You are both so amazing...definitely some of my favorite girls ever!
Post a Comment