McKenna has loved her year with the Extreme Ballroom Company. I am thrilled with what she's learning and experiencing. She already knows all of the different basic styles of ballroom--Latin & American! I watch her, and am so happy for her. It just looks like so much. (Okay... maybe I do have a secret fantasy of being on Dancing With the Stars with Derek Hough as my partner, of course! But in my fantasy, I'm tall and skinny... just in case you're visualizing it now.)
McKenna and her Quick Step Partner.
Kenna competed in an open ballroom competition this month. It was a long day, but very fun to watch. Kenna did great for her first year. She didn't win any events, but she looked stunningly gorgeous out there. (I may be a tad biased.) It was so cool seeing all these tiny kids samba, cha-cha, waltz... It was amazing.
A few girls from Kenna's team.
Kenna and best buddy/cousin Jaden. They dance on different teams, but have fun dancing with each other when the family gets together. We're hoping they make the same team next year!
McKenna and great friend, Kambria
I haven't blogged about our family moving yet... but we are heading... somewhere... in less than 30 days. It's been a little frightening for McKenna and Kyler. They're old enough to care. But last night, McKenna said, "I don't care where we go, as long as I can still go to Rimrock Elementary and continue dancing at Extreme." That was very telling of how much she is loving her dancing experience. I'm learning that ballroom is a world of its own. To be in the top groups, you have to commit tons of time and money. I'm not sure if McKenna will choose this as she gets older, but for now, she's having the time of her life.




3 comments:
I know several people in extreme and all I hear are great things - on top of how expensive it is and how time consuming - Kambria's mom for example has said as they get older that IS THEIR LIFE, should they choose do continue into HS - I'm glad she's enjoying it..... she does look cute! I would have to take out a new mortgage to put my girls in it :) Keep us all posted to where your big move will be!!
There are only a handful of things that make me really miss home or feel like my kids are missing out on something they can only have at home. This post made me wish so bad my kids could try ballroom, I know they would love it! Instead we will cheer on McKenna from afar :) she looked so beautiful and graceful in the pictures! Good for her.
I am so glad you posted these pictures! Kenna looks gorgeous...and so happy!
Post a Comment