I always thought that my life would be so much calmer and easier once my kids were a little older, but actually it's the complete opposite. Life is so full... so busy... and I feel myself losing control of everything. (This is very frightening for a control freak like myself!) In fact, McKenna was in a school play last week, and the first time I heard about it was the day before their performance. (She had simply mentioned she needed a hat and trench coat for a play she was in.) As I was sitting in her classroom watching this darling, little play, my jaw literally dropped as I slowly began to realize that McKenna had the lead role and had learned about 800 lines--all on her own--without ever even mentioning it to me.
McKenna as JoAnne Giles
(The Detective of Lost Things)
With no help from me, McKenna created a tough, smooth-talking character.
She was a natural. And so tall. And so grown-up looking!
The final bow.
McKenna & Jaden (The news photographer)
Kenna & a few of her 5th Grade chums.
I also got to be a "Chaperone" for Kyler's Field Trip last week. I don't volunteer at the school much, but Kyler begged and begged for me to do this. I truly didn't feel that I had time for this 2-hour venture, but I was flattered that he wanted me there so badly--so I made time on my busiest of all days: Thursday! I dreaded leading a group of 3rd graders with my rowdy Carson and Ashton added to the mix... but thankfully, we all stayed together and had a fantastic time! The dinosaur exhibit was truly fascinating! (IF friends: don't miss it.)
Here's Kyler & Buddies in front of "Sue," the largest dinosaur fossil on Earth today.
I think this picture is so funny!
My 2 sillies in front of a dinosaur leg.
(This really puts into perspective how small we are compared to dinosaurs!)
Can you spot Ash & Carson?









2 comments:
Cute pictures! Kenna is a natural for stuff like that. I saw Koby's class do the same play the week before, and when Kamri told me Kenna was the detective, I knew she'd nail the part! I'm so sad I had to miss it. Koby was the sherrif, and I didn't know about it until the day before...same as you. What is wrong with these teachers?!?! :)
You're a good mom for taking the time to go to the museum, is it different from the last time 'Sue' was here? Ali's class needed a chaperone last week and I wouldn't miss my plasma appointment to go - boo me!! It was good to see you the other day even for a second at Olive Garden :)
Post a Comment