Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kindergarten Days

I should have been a Kindergarten teacher.  I have this thought all the time.  I love the creativity, the celebrations, the explorations... I just love this age!  This month, Carson's class celebrated their 50th day of Kindergarten by dressing up in 50's clothes, learning about 50%, reading 1/2 a story, eating 1/2 a doughnut, doing 1/2 of a worksheet... So funny!  I love it!

This is Carson's favorite pose.

Fonzi (Mason) and the Nerd (Carson)!

I also got to attend the Kindergarten Thanksgiving feast!  This was ultra exciting for the class because they got to have hot lunch at school like the big kids!

Ashton was also super excited to carry his very cool sack lunch and go to school too.  When I pulled up to the school, Ashton replied, "Bye Mom!"  He was totally set to go to school all by himself.  He hates being left home everyday, and he was just sure that "his day" had finally arrived.  He was bummed when he found out that I was tagging along too!

Notice that Carson's Thanksgiving dinner also includes Cheetos and a PB&J... Hey, a mom has to make sure that her picky eater doesn't starve!  He was actually a little embarrassed when I supplemented his dinner.  I was shocked because Carson is rarely embarrassed!  Impressing the peers... I guess it starts in Kindergarten!

I have to admit, I was nervous to eat school food... repressed memories I guess!  But it was actually yummy!  It was fun to spend some one on one time with Carson--a rarity for sure!  Carson is a delightful, entertaining child who brings a smile to my face everyday.  I'm so THANKFUL he's mine!!

1 comment:

kim said...

Carson makes a very cute nerd! I had no idea he and Fonzi were the same age, and friends! We love the Fonz! What a fun group of boys!