Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break In Ammon

Ammon, Idaho is a great place to live. It's got that small-town feel, snowmobile and dirt bike trails minutes from your back door, and most importantly--both sets of grandparents within 45 minutes! It does, however, have one major flaw:
Winter is long. Seriously long.
I'm talkin' 7 months, folks! And when I say winter, I'm not meaning gentle flakes falling from the sky... I'm meaning brutal, negative temperatures and violent, thrashing wind. Needless to say, it gets a little depressing... especially when you're shoveling your driveway in April.
Due to limited funds, we were unable to escape to somewhere warm for Spring Break... so instead, we chose to use the power of positive thinking and lots of imagination.
Ahh... Can't you just hear the waves crashing along the shore?
Mmmm... I just love the smell of coconut tanning lotion.
Nothing beats the feel of sun on your skin!

1 comment:

Debi said...

I think you have officially lost it~ poor McKenna, having to pose in her swimming suit in the SNOW!! That's got to be some form of child abuse :) I'm with you, winter is WAY too long here!