Have you heard of 'Upscaling' or 'Repurposing?' If so, then you are current on the latest trend in home decor! It's basically taking something old and making it new again. It's great for the Earth and the pocket book all at the same time. What's not to love? Well, thanks to McKenna's latest homework assignment, we too, are Upscalers!
McKenna's fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Abbott, is very pro-science. When you walk in her classroom, at first glance you think, "Wow. What a mess!" Every surface is covered with plants and all sorts of growing vegetation... and I am so grateful that my daughter gets to be part of all of the hands-on fun! The latest science experiment, however, brought the mess home. McKenna was assigned to create ART out of recyclable GARBAGE. At first, I wasn't too excited about the mountain of trash growing in my pantry, but every now and then, I must admit that I felt a thrill went I recognized trash with promise! The night before the due date, we spread our cherished garbage all over the kitchen, and then let the artistic juices flow!
The Statue of Liberty
(Because Recycling Is SO Liberating!)
3 comments:
You are so FUNNY!! How on earth can one be so positive about homework for the parents? I seriously HATED this assignment when Emily was in Mrs. Abbott's class. Of course, we didn't quite create the statue of liberty - good job mom!
This is hilarious! You really went all out. Koby's project wasn't nearly as creative! I love it. I also love Mrs. Abbott...she's been so fun, and Koby has loved her. Next time they have a project like this, I am coming to you!
You and your family are so creative! You have the best ideas for everything. What a fun project.
Post a Comment