You know times are changing when you no longer get messy, handwritten notes and drawings from your kids.
You get emails!
I knew Kyler was up to something when he was secretly working forever in the computer room the other night. He had that look in his eyes when he is really excited about something. He kept yelling questions to me, but panicked if I came even remotely near the door. He needed to know my favorite color, how to spell dozens of words, and how to move the cursor down a line... This small note took him at least an hour to type. I assumed lots of things, but I wasn't expecting this:
To ThePRETTIEST girl in my family
Five things that i love about you
#1 you take care of us and help us when we are hurt or in danger
#2 you take us to do FUN things
#3 you teach us how to do hard TALENTS
#4 you help us do the things that help us
#5 and suport us in special times
I LOVE YOU
KYLER
Sweet, huh? I miss the stick figures, but I do appreciate the spell check! (Some of their notes can be pretty tough to decipher!) I took the liberty of sizing down the capitalized words. (They were about 300 times bigger!) I was particularly touched by #3--since Kyler HATES piano lessons right now! I was also touched by something else... Though Kyler is literally the reincarnation of his father, he has yet one of my traits... He makes lists! Even if it's just this once, I'll take it as evidence that he does have a Luke gene somewhere in his body.
Today, I was reminded that I love being a Mom. (I forget sometimes.)
1 comment:
What a sweetheart! His note made me cry! Why are our kids growing up so fast?!
Post a Comment