When it takes wire cutters, fake birds, and sprayable super glue to get your kids ready for school, you know it can mean only one thing...
IT'S CRAZY HAIR DAY!!
If you know our family very well, you know that we like this day... a lot. Crazy Hair Day is right up there with Christmas and Easter.
For McKenna's annual 'do,' we pick a theme each year. We had this spectacular idea that we'd been planning for weeks, but the night before the big day, we stopped in Michaels to pick up one last supply... and that's when she saw them: Fake Birds. Amongst all the Easter/Spring stuff on display, a pillar of light shone upon them. And that was that. She was in love. Thus, our new theme, was born. We call her look: "SPRING FEVER!!"
She lost.
It wasn't a pretty sight. She's not what you would call a 'Good Sport.' And to make matters worse, she loss by one point to the one girl in her class that she loathes!! (Funny side note: When I asked Kenna why she didn't like this girl, she replied, "She laughs like a clown with a rat in her throat!!" Ok...) Anyway, losing is always a good learning experience... especially for Miss McKenna Lyn.
And... the last minute "Tighty Whitey" won him first place in his class! Being the sweet (and moody) soul that he is, he shared his candy winnings with his demoralized sister. With that single act of compassion, all was happy yet again in the Stevens home.
Though not yet a Rimrock Raptor, Carson was a rock star at preschool with his spiky, blue locks! We call his look: "THE AVATAR!" Look out up-coming Kindergartners! Carson's totally gonna rock Crazy Hair Day next year!
As for Ashton, he didn't get into the fun this year. He was slightly in shock at the sight of his bizarre looking siblings. But next year... he too will be getting CAH-RAZY!!
Happy Crazy Hair Day from the Stevens Family!
6 comments:
that's such a cute post! I must say, crazy hair day is definitely a holiday at your house. I've never put much thought into it, which is why I forgot this year. We did remember crazy hat/sock day today, but I'm not holding my breath thinking the kids might win!
SO FUN!!! That is the kind of competition I could get into. I bet everyone plots and plans just to try and beat out the Stevens kids.
I know you already know this, but you really are the coolest Mom ever! I love seeing all the fun creations that you come up with! I feel for McKenna...after so many years of being the winner! And to lose to someone she loathes...now that's just salt in the wound! Really, why couldn't it have been her best friend or something?! And I love that Kyler was brave and wore the awesome tight hair. It paid off big time!
I just love you. I really, really do.
Okay, seriously, how do you have it so put together in your life and family that you have time to come up with and execute these crazy hair styles?! I can barely feed my family. Granted, I just had a baby, but even on my best day, I'm not as put together as you. Amazing!
You really do have the best crazy hair day ideas! I was looking forward to seeing what creations you had this year.
Kenna ABSOLUTELY should have won! You are so stinkin creative! Love these pics! And from Kenna's description of the girl who won, I know EXACTLY who she is! :)
Post a Comment