Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Let's Hear it For the Easter Bunny!

My mom never let me believe in the Easter Bunny. I can still hear her saying, "You really think a giant Man-Rabbit sneaks into our house in the middle of the night to bring you candy?! That is ridiculous!" Mom was a HUGE fan of Santa and all other holidays in general, but belief in the Magical Bunny? She was not having it. (Perhaps my annoyance with this pastel holiday stems from this memorable childhood experience.) 
Well, I am here to tell all four of my blog readers that I, JoLyn Stevens, BELIEVE in the Easter Bunny! You heard read me! For too long, Santa has received all of the glory... his face plastered on gift wrap, his name revered in songs, cookies left out just for him when he hardly needs them... when all the while he has an army of Elves doing the dirty work. It's just wrong. Think about it... the Easter Bunny does the exact same thing: magically travels the entire world in one night--ensuring delectable Cadbury Eggs for all! And yet, where is the gift wrap... the songs... the treats left by the hearth? The Easter Bunny does not receive loving letters from children promising him that they've been 'good.' No, this most overworked mammal receives demanding letters from demanding, picky eaters:

The Easter Bunny, probably fed up with the lack of love, decided to knock it out of the park for the Stevens kids this year. (Take that, Santa!) This furry, bow-tied, Saint left us a trampoline! (Fitting... I'm sure that, he too, loves to jump.) I mean, can you imagine that poor bunny setting up a trampoline in the middle of the night?! I can only guess how hard that was to do in the dark. Why, I bet you that rabbit was working until 2:30 a.m! Hopefully, he had a beautiful, shivering assistant holding a flashlight for him. Just think how sore he must have been after hand-pulling all those springs (probably twice because he probably never reads the instructions thoroughly enough the first time). He has paws for crying out loud!



So, let's hear it for the Easter Bunny and spread the holiday love around a bit!
Happy Easter from the Stevens Family!
(P.S. Dear Santa, you know I love ya! All I want this year is a house. Love, Jo)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Jolyn, I love your blog. You are so funny! Thanks for making me laugh so much. Your kids are awesome, and it looks like you guys have so much fun as a family.

A) Easter egg baseball sounds like James's dream come true.

B) Best line ever (hahahaha!): Is it better to be strong, rich or smart? Smart... cuz if someone was chasing you, you could hurry and make a trap!

C) you are a piano teaching rock star to teach your own kds. What a hard job! Good work!

D) Kenna is living my dream. I have always wished I were a ballroom dancer! (Does anyone not wish that?)