Monday, September 26, 2011

He Still Says the Darndest Things!

Carson has held the "Comedian" role in the family for awhile now... though Ashton is seriously rivaling him for the position lately.  It's really interesting to observe that my boys are funny in different ways.  Ashton is more of a physical comedian--kind of like Chris Farley from Saturday Night Live!  He TRIES to make you laugh.  Carson, on the other hand, is pretty serious most of the time.  He just has a unique brain which is constantly spewing funny thoughts.  Here are a few of Carson's latest insights:

*  Carson wanted to draw on some paper, so he got some paper out of the printer, but instead of one sheet, he accidentally grabbed two.  He took the second sheet of paper and threw it in the trash.  "That's not trash," I say.  "Yes it is," Carson says.  I argue, "It's a perfectly new piece of paper... Why is that trash?"  He simply says, "Because I don't want it."

*  Me:  "Carson, let's get you dressed."  Carson:  "No Mom!  I just really want to wear my underwear today."  Me:  "Why?"  Carson:  (sighs...)  "It's complicated."

*  Carson:  "Mom, did you know that when your food goes down, it turns into poop?"  Me:  "Yep.  I knew that."  Carson:  "So that means, when your food goes up, it turns into boogers."

*  Just yesterday, Carson stubbed his big toe and cracked his big toenail in half.  It hurt him really bad.  When we were tucking him in last night, he asked his Dad, "How are we going to fix my toe, Dad?"  Justin replied, "There's nothing we can really do.  We're just going to have to watch it."  Carson was silent for a few seconds and then suddenly got a panicked look on his face and exclaimed, "But how am I going to watch it when I'm sleeping!?!"
·      
·  


1 comment:

Kristen. Jason. Sofie said...

so funny! these little stories just crack me up! thanks for sharing!