Stake Conference... the longest two hours of the year. I'm sure I would love the beautiful music and wonderful speakers if I could actually hear it, but I'm so busy trying to keep my children from distracting others--that I am totally distracted the entire time. Sacrament is doable. I can keep my children quiet and contained on metal chairs for 60 minutes, but 120 minutes... impossible. It takes every ounce of my testimony to get myself to drag my rowdy bunch to Stake Conference--knowing that I'll just be walking the halls for two hours in uncomfortable shoes. Well, our obedience was tested once again at last weekend's conference... and this is how we spent the entire second hour... my boys being total weirdo's... in the hallway of the Stake Center. But we stayed till the VERY end... do you still get blessings for that? I sure hope so!
The Opposite of Hate isn't Love
7 years ago
1 comment:
I guess you better buy some comfortable shoes, you've got several years of 'little' ones still ahead :) We have a 'conference' bag that we take, full of stickers and paper to put them on and other things that aren't normally in our church bag as well as quiet snack (only if they are quiet) - works pretty well! I was the one that had to keep getting up and getting a drink from my terrible cough. I almost missed my own daughters talk!!
Post a Comment