Monday, May 9, 2011

I Feel Pretty

Every now and then, I became suddenly aware that I have been doing something for ten consecutive minutes without being interrupted, that no one is hanging on me, and that the house is eerily quiet...

(PANIC!) "Where is Ashton and what is he destroying?!"
When this terrifying moment happened last week, I bolted through the house fully expecting to find markers on the walls or a half eaten jar of play dough. But to my surprise, I came upon this...

Ashton doing his hair and make-up.
(And yes, he was naked as a jay bird. We're still dealing with the diaper ditching problem at least once a day.) Cue the West Side Story soundtrack now...

"I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any boy who isn't me tonight."

"I feel charming
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real."

"See that pretty boy in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive boy be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty bod,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!"

"I feel stunning
And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing all day long,
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful... Mom!"

3 comments:

kim said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I laughed so hard when I saw this. Oh, my...what a character. We should get he and Addi together and see what they'd come up with TOGETHER! :) Love that you got pictures of this!

ej said...

It wouldn't be half as funny if he wasn't sitting there in his birthday suit, lol, love his facial expressions whilst applying his make up :)

Mindy said...

This is priceless and absolutely hilarious! Love the song, too.