Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I Only Like Animals That Kill People"

At age five, Carson informed me that he "only likes animals that kill people." Though wolves don't typically feast on humans, he thinks that they do--which is solely the reason he selected the 'WOLF' as his first grade animal report. All on his own, he designed the "W" on his poster into a fanged beast. 
Carson is very curious about the world. He loves gathering facts. (In fact, he informed me just today that "the only way to kill the Hulk is to drain him of his powers" as well as "you have to be careful shooting a bullet at a force field cuz' it could bounce off and kill you!" Good to know!) I think it is no small coincidence that his teacher, Mrs. Denning, retired at the end of the year! I'm praying that Mrs. Melander (his upcoming 2nd grade teacher) will recognize just how smart and unique this kid really is! Carson is the funnest!

No comments: