Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Best Big "Brudder" Ever

To his teacher, he's the kid who talks a lot. To extended family, he's the one who doesn't eat. To his primary teachers, he's the one who sings really loud. To his sister, he's the one who makes her late for school every day. 
But to Ashton, Carson is EVERYTHING.
His wolf brother. His scalley wag matey. His target practice. 
Or in other words, the flip to his flop.
 Ashton sure lucked out being born after Carson... Why? Because he inherited the greatest play mate in the world. Carson's shining talent is "imagination"... the best thing that could ever happen to a younger three year old brother. Those two are never bored. Carson doesn't do bored. He is inspired by everything. After watching Les Miserables, they played "Jean Val Jean" for goodness sakes! (Whatever that is! But they liked it!) Their current favorite game is dressing head to toe in black as "Ninjas" and trying to somersault and dive throughout the house without anyone seeing them. Yes, they leave a constant trail of clothes and weapons throughout the house, but all they need is each other=Happy Mom!
This is them playing "Inventor and Assistant"!

This is them playing "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

And this is them putting a spell on Kyler. 

Aside from playing, Carson has taken it upon himself to teach Ashton how to read.

As well as how to play the piano! (I love hearing Carson say, "No playing while I'm talking, Ashy." Wonder where he's heard that before?)

 Just today, I came upon this sight: Every stitch of clothing they had been wearing in a giant heap. What could they be up to now?

Sumo Wrestling. Of course.... I've learned that this is how brothers say "I love you."
Ashton calls all friends, "BRUDDERS." Caleb Warner is his "brudder". The boys in his preschool class are his "brudders". Even the kid at the park who becomes his friend for a brief five minutes is his "brudder". I think it's so cute, that I don't correct him. Especially because I know that (Thanks to Carson) Ashton has learned that a "Brudder" means exactly that -- a "Friend".

1 comment:

ej said...

I love the "brudder" part, they are so cute! Teaching to read and play piano? That is super sweet.
I can identify with the pretend play because my older 3 are always being 'inspired' too, we watched Nanny McPhee the other day for the first time and I later found Kennedy with 2 ugly moles on her face and the others playing more attractive characters, but it's always so funny to see what they come up with.