Friday, October 5, 2012

Just an Autumn Afternoon

Well, hello my four blog readers! It's been a long time!  After we moved last March, I suddenly lost all desire to blog.  I'm not sure why.  It may have been that I got too far behind... It may have been that my parents hopped on the technology bandwagon and I can share photos with them in other ways... It may have been that I didn't need to anymore. 2011 was a hard year, and I think blogging was therapy for me in a way... helped me see my blessed life that was sometimes hiding under a bunch of ugly stress.  I'm not really sure why I lost the desire to blog... and I'm not really sure I want to again... but I happened to take a bunch of cute photos yesterday, and just felt like they should be documented somewhere.
So here they are!
With this wonderful four-day weekend, our little family found ourselves... free. We are NEVER free. We're always running, hurrying, to the next football game or through the next assignment. We were a little perplexed with what to do with "Time!" Much to my children's confusion, I announced that we were going to go on a "Fall Walk." There weren't really sure what that was or how fun that would be, but they obliged me. Growing up, my family would drive through the hills of Pocatello each year just to see the changing leaves. Although I recognize that fall is simply the introduction to a very, very long winter, fall always feels magical and sentimental to me! We grabbed jackets and a football and spent hours at a nearby park--simply enjoying fall. 
















We came home with rosy cheeks and noses and COVERED in bits of leaves... evidence of a wonderful afternoon!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Love these photos!! Don't stop blogging, I love reading your blog! You are such a great writer! Do you not print out your blog into books? That is the thing that keeps me going, I want to have these precious books of my families lives! My kids pull them out all the time to remember fun things we've done - even though what I blog about may be only interesting to me, I love to have them!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you're posting! I have missed you! I understand not being interested in blogging. I'm feeling it, too. I keep coming back, though, because I love reading up on my friends' lives. So, I understand if you don't want to, but I'd hate to see you go.

Beautiful pictures. Your kids are stunning! Like their Mama.