Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Eve - Part 1

Christmas Eve... I think it just might be the funnest day of the whole entire year... with the exception of Mother's Day, of course!  My kids woke up with so much excitement that I thought they might burst.  Especially Kyler!  In order to keep the sanity at a reasonable level, we started partying at noon.  We had to keep those kids busy!

Somehow our plastic, dollar store goblets make any celebration extra "sh-mancy" and special.  Since Grandma Stevens hosts a fun Christmas Eve dinner every year, I always try to make a fun, festive lunch.  As you can see, Kyler was really on one that day.  He looks like a mad man in almost every single one of these photos!
  

We have a tradition of everyone one pronouncing a Christmas toast.   Yes, I know this a drinking tradition, but my kids think it's super cool.  They could clink those glasses together all day long!  I think Justin's toast went something like... 
"Here's to a very Merry Chirstmas & Good riddance 2011!"
I concur!

I purposefully planned a "Gingerbread" themed day to go along with the kid's Christmas Eve gift.  I had been saving this kit all month long... they were so happy to finally make it!  (Oh Kyler...)

Next up, gingerbread-shaped sugar cookies for Santa!
 (Ky--you're killing me.)

Ashton thoroughly enjoyed this activity... especially the eating part!

This picture reminds of Grandpa Stevens.
Looks like "frosting love" runs in the family.

After hours of begging, I relented and let the kids open their Christmas Eve jammies at 3:30 p.m.  No, it wasn't even close to dark yet, but I couldn't hold them off any longer.  I was a little nervous that they might not like them, but they were so hyped up, I think I could have given them rags and they would have been thrilled! They love their annual Christmas jams!  Super sad note:  I think this will be the last year for them to have matching pajamas... sniff, sniff.  Kenna's sadly officially in Gymboree's largest size.  BOO HOOOOO!!!  
(Give me a moment.)  
Alright, I'm okay. 
 Now, prepare yourself for a seriously silly P.J. photo shoot:





Are you confused?  They're trying to be gingerbread men.
Ash, however, had no idea what that meant obviously!

Really Kyler?  This could've been the cutest photo ever!  (Sigh.)

I don't know... I think they're excited! 
 
Tune it later for the funniest Christmas Eve Nativity ever. 

2 comments:

Debi said...

So funny! I love Christmas Eve jammies and so do my kids.... I think it's my favorite part of Christmas, well one of them! I'm not into the matching ones though, I like to pick ones that match their personalities - trust me, you'll love it! They are cute though, you did well. Kyler is a riot in these photos!

Brooke said...

These pictures are priceless! It will make you remember how excited they were that day! Your kids are too cute!