Look out world... McKenna's now a pre-teen--a double digit! She's 10!
Awhile ago, I was talking with my mom on the phone about how I was a little sad that I only had one girl. My mom's reply put everything in perspective for me. She said, "But McKenna's a WHOPPER of a girl!" And that's the truth! I couldn't ask for a funner or sweeter daughter!

McKenna's very creative and dramatic, so we had to have a birthday party that fit the bill. After agonizing for months over the perfect theme, we chose to have a Masquerade Party. It turned out so fun! Just look at these mysterious drama queens!

This age group loves crafts-so we crafted it up! After watching the masquerade scene from "Phantom of the Opera" for inspiration, the girls painted their own masks and made jewelry.

But the biggest hit of the party was the chocolate fountain! (Thanks Aunt Brooke!) Forget cake! It was all I could do to contain them while singing Happy Birthday. They couldn't wait to dive in! Chocolate has this maddening force on women--no matter what age they are!

And boy, could those petite little gals eat!! They cleaned me out. I think they would have licked the fountain clean if I would have let them. And, thankfully, it wasn't as messy as I had imagined. We only ruined two shirts.

Of course, my own personal garbage disposal (Ashton) loved the chocolate fountain as well!

It was a terrific party for a terrific girl! We love you Kenna!
3 comments:
Tell McKenna Happy Birthday from us!! We sure love her too! I remember her playing with our little Sofie... she was so great with her and made her laugh so hard! Glad the party was a success!
Okay, you really are the coolest Mom ever!!!
Wow. you guys know how to part-y!! And yes, I think you win the coolest Mom award of the year! Happy birthday McKenna!
Post a Comment