Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentines Day 2010

We were definitely feeling the love in our home on Valentines Day this year! Justin and I discovered years ago that it is impossible to get a babysitter on Valentines Day, so we decided to start a new tradition: A fancy, romantic dinner... at home with the kids!! And boy, do they LOVE it! Each year, we order a heart-shaped pizza, fill the goblets with Root Beer, and make fancy treats. Our dinner was extra special this year because we shared it with two people we LOVE so much--Grandpa and Grandma Luke!!
While we were eating, I announced that we were going to go around the table and each say something we love about Grandpa and Grandma. Carson volunteered to go first. He hopped off his chair and started walking around the table. We were puzzled for a few minutes until we realized that he had taken my statement, "going around the table," literally! Too funny!!


1 comment:

Janelle Dobson said...

What a funny little boy you have! Okay,seriously- I have a bone to pick about Valentine's day. How is everyone going to be able to go out and have a romantic dinner on V-day- there aren't enough babysitters and all the restaurants are booked! And you know what's unromantic- expecting something to be romantic...totally lame. That being said, Michael and I always plan something to do- often a fancy dinner made by yours truly, and having someone watch the kids..typically not on Valentine's day itself but within a week- making it easy to find someone to watch the kids- and we do enjoy ourselves. What would work better is for every to have their own separate days to share their love- spreading out babysitters and dinner reservations...oh wait... that's what an anniversary is. Anyway, I love your fancy dinner with the kids idea- I'm totally going to copy it. p.s. sorry for the novel. I'll step off my soapbox now.